How a Weighted Vest Can Take Your Workouts to the Next Level
If you walk, run, or otherwise work out to stay in shape and you want a new challenge, adding a weighted vest can give your workouts the oomph they need. As you complete the same workouts over and over again, your body adjusts, and you’ll need to keep increasing the intensity to continue to see fitness gains. At Krieger Tactical, we sell military gear for the fitness industry to help you achieve and even surpass your fitness goals.
How Much Do You Really Know about Using a Weighted Vest for Weight Loss?
Anytime you use a new piece of fitness equipment or gear, it’s a good idea to ask some questions and learn as much as you can so that you can get the most value possible out of your investment. Here are some questions you might want to ask about using a weighted running vest.
- What exactly is it? A weighted vest is just what it sounds like: a vest with small weights inside. These vests sit over your shoulders, chest, and back to add weight to your body and make your workouts more challenging.
- How do they work? A workout vest literally forces you to carry extra weight, making any activity you do significantly harder. Because you’re moving more weight, you must exert more effort to walk, run, do pull-ups, or any other exercises you want to do.
- How heavy are they? Choosing the right amount of weight for you is essential to being successful with a weighted gym vest. The amount of weight you can add varies, with a typical range being anywhere from 3kg to 35kg and even more.
Tips Regarding a Weighted Gym Vest
When you use a weighted gym vest, you can always just put it on and go about your regular workout. However, there are some tips you should know to help you really take your workout to the next level.
- Challenge yourself. If you aren’t huffing and puffing, add more weight. Even if you’re just walking, add enough weight to be a bit breathless. Lean into each stride and increase your speed. Keep your core tight to target those important stabilizing abdominal and back muscles as well.
- Choose the right vest for you. We offer a range of vests to ensure that you can find the one that suits your needs the best.
- Diet is (almost) everything. You can work out as hard as you want – you’ll never burn off all those calories if you’re overeating. Keep your diet healthy and appropriate for your age, size, and activity level to see the best possible results from your workouts.
Why You Should Choose Krieger Tactical
At Krieger Tactical, we’re excited to be offering military-grade gear for people who take fitness seriously. Our products are Australian-made to meet strict quality standards. Try training with a weighted vest or other tactical gear and be amazed at the results – you’ve earned it. Be sure to contact us with any questions.